Gordon Murray Automotive is a UK-based global luxury brand dedicated to creating and manufacturing the world’s greatest driving cars. These ultra-exclusive cars are engineered and designed without compromise to provide unrivalled driving experiences and driver- centric connection.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Logistics & Store Operators to join our Automotive Development & Manufacturing Operation based in Dunsfold, Surrey.
Logistics & Store Operators within GMA are responsible for internal logistics and store management on daily basis to produce high quality vehicles across all models undertaken by Gordon Murray Automotive. In this role you will become part of the team to ramp-up of assembly production at a low-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
- Establishing strong team member relations, at all levels with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Regular and accurate stock counts including any required adjustments on Stock Management system
- Accurate booking and management of components in the stores using Stock Management system
- Picking and booking of stock parts to support production and customer service part requirements
- Goods inwards receipt and accurate booking in of deliveries/stocks to the facility when required
- Regular management of transit stock shelf
- Picking, preparation and packaging of service components for international air or sea shipment
- Housekeeping of the stores area to maintain a clean environment
- Be available to work OT, shutdowns and travel as needed
- Working together with GMD members to continuously improve/develop parts management process
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in manufacturing/engineering stores environment
- Some computer literacy required for stock booking transactions - Basics in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in low volume automotive manufacturing preferable
- Understanding of the different assembly processes and equipment
- Works well under pressure, works hard to meet strict production targets
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
- Must be a team player who can work closely with GMD manufacturing engineering team
- Forklift truck license (refresher training can be provided)
- Reliable timekeeping and attendance