About The Role
At Formula 1 our vision is to unleash the greatest racing spectacle on the planet. Our key to success is an organisation that values passion, integrity and respect.
To help deliver against this global vision we are seeking a Logistics Manager to join our Circuit Logistics team at Formula 1.
Reporting to the Head of Event Logistics, the Logistics Manager will supervise the safe movement and deployment of Company equipment in line with the Company policies and procedures.
- Supervise rigging team on a day-to-day basis, inc. work schedules, travel and tasks/roles.
- Take a lead role in championing Health and Safety, and general safe working practice.
- Reviewing and maintaining risk assessments and work method statement.
- Write regular reports on section activities including race reports and other documentation as required.
- Coordinate with Freight and cargo the packing and weighing of containers both at Biggin Hill and the Circuit.
- Rig and de-rig of the Event Technical Centre and ancillary equipment as required e.g. deployment of nodes, cables
- Loading and strapping of vehicles, e.g. Merlo, Forklifts, Mopeds.
- Transportation of components safely to and from events whilst complying with health and safety, legal/Brexit requirements.
- Ongoing maintenance of the Event Technical Centre during race week including painting of floor, cleaning and polishing of panels etc.
- Supervise the maintenance of generators and vehicles during race week
- Where required coordinate with other departments dual roles
- Liaise with F1 Security Team at events
- Coordinate shuttle bus when required across event weekend
- Liaise with Travel Department and catering supplier to facilitate deployment of catering facility and services.
- Office based tasks as advised including coordination of unloading and placing of freight / equipment
- Paddock Club – Liaising and providing support to ensure that the Paddock Club logistical obligations are delivered.
- Ensure Paddock turnstile systems security, circuit distribution system, commentary booths and start lights are installed, commissioned and maintained
- Supervise rig and derig of the F1 motorhome at events.
- Liaise with local Circuit/Promoter for provision of services.
- Look for and recommend cost saving opportunities across the relevant BCL areas.
- Attending and planning where appropriate; Pre, Post-Event and End of Day meetings.
- Planning and chairing de-rig meetings.
- When required undertake Operations Manager role at events reporting to the Race Executive.
- Ensuring all faults are reported in the End of Day log.
- Proactively approach sustainability across BCL areas.
For a copy of the full job description, please refer to the Additional information section.
As a united team we achieve great things together. Are you ready to unleash your potential at F1?