The Logistics Manager ensures operational excellence by providing leadership, driving process improvements, coordinating the allocation of resources, controlling expenses, and promoting a safe work environment.
Scope: Receiving, Warehousing, internal plant logistics & Shipping. Responsible for plant internal warehouse as well as off-site distribution facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a passionate commitment to safety and develops the same in others. Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace, and exceeds those standards where appropriate. Ensures appropriate follow up for any risks or incidents to enhance and improve a culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Establishes performance standards & metrics and drives continuous improvement to support business operations. Fosters innovation and continuous improvement throughout the team.
- Drives inventory accuracy via cycle counts, process controls, etc. Ensures compliance to applicable industry standards in all areas such as receiving, inventory controls, and shipping. (e.g. SOx, Export Compliance, etc.)
- Provides training and coaching for employees in work-related activities, personal growth, performance and career development. Develops team capabilities to meet organizational needs in the short and long-term horizons.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Substantial experience as a supervisor or manager leading people and managing processes in a logistics, warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used warehouse and inventory control processes.
- Proven ability to continuously improve operational costs and profitability.
- Proficiency in the use of ERP (preferance for SAP) with knowledge and familiarity with WMS, inventory controls, facility management, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effective “hands-on” leader who garners trust and loyalty from subordinates and possesses and displays integrity and ethics that are beyond reproach.
- Proven ability to support production in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability working with various levels of management as well as cross-functional staff.
- Position requires availability to travel on a limited basis to support business requirements.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management.
This is us – your new employer
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America, Inc. is a world class manufacturer of suspension solutions headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio USA. thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America supplies products to a wide range of Original Equipment Automotive Manufacturers as well as Aftermarket and Motorsports.
thyssenkrupp Bilstein stands for innovation and High-Tech in suspension technology worldwide. With competence in the entire suspension system, the company supplies products across the complete damping and suspension spectrum through manufacturing facilities in Europe, America and China. Moreover, thyssenkrupp Bilstein has been a preferred partner in motorsport and automobile tuning for many years.