The University of Bolton is a “Teaching Intensive, Research Informed” higher education institution whose distinctive high quality, student-focussed, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes attract students from all over the world.
Our staff are at the heart of everything we do: they are highly qualified and experienced in their fields, supporting their teaching practice by carrying out quality research and engaging in continuous professional development. Staff pride themselves on being outstanding professionals that provide excellent learning, teaching and applied research and support in the provision of custom-designed, industry led courses in numerous subject areas.
We have exciting opportunities within our National Centre for Motorsport Engineering at the University of Bolton for a Lecturer in Motorsport Engineering.
As a Lecturer in Motorsport Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To teach on taught undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across the National Centre for Motorsports Engineering portfolio, and contributing to the management of these programmes wherever possible.
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning programmes for individuals and groups of learners
- To develop practical interactions between students and race teams that will lead to students having full understanding of track side race car interaction.
- To accompany students to race events and act as head of race team.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in the motorsport industry and knowledge of vehicle dynamics, simulation, or design.
Degree and postgraduate qualifications are relevant but industrial experience and an interest to further study at the university alongside your role can be accommodated.
Other core skills are:
- A proven ability to innovate and develop solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion and motivation by your specialist area.
- Proven ability to prepare high quality outputs.
- Previous experience of teaching, research and academia is an advantage but not essential. Full training will be provided.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the job description.
The job description and person specification can be viewed on our website: https://www.bolton.ac.uk/staff-area/professional-services/about-hr/vacancies/ or requested by email: email@example.com.
To apply, please send a covering letter (2 pages of A4) and CV setting out why you are interested in the role and demonstrating how you are able to meet the requirements of the Job Description and Person Specification.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa.
Please note, the university reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of applications are received.