Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
Lead Engineer, Crash test / Safety Integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s and Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful experience in passive safety performance and
- Strong understanding of the legal and NCAP / IIHS safety requirements
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex crash test scenarios with good logic and analytics.
- Excellent applied software experience in META, HYPERWORKS, MATLAB and Simulink.
- Experienced in conducting vehicle crash / sled tests and perform detailed post crash test analysis.
- Motivator that is organized and a team player that can offer solid solutions to quickly resolve challenging design issues with a creative passion for innovation. Able to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others on problems that are unusual or difficult
- Demonstrated ability in iterative and collaborative automotive engineering environment (multiple vehicle program) – success in roles requiring high levels of technical communication and interpretation of analytical results to Design Engineers and Technical Management.
- Support vehicle safety , while balancing all applicable Global Safety Requirements for specific areas of responsibility (i.e. Frontal impact & Side Impact - FMVSS/ECE/EURONCAP/USNCAP etc.,)
- Construct safety DVP and lead the interface with competence teams.
- Develop and apply advanced safety/crash methodologies and analysis techniques to drive innovation into product development.
- Generate all safety targets that will form part of the agreed program targets, with both internal and external resources.
- Engage with NCAP authorities and develop/maintain internal safety calculation matrix.
- Perform post-crash test analysis, support CAE to correlate the test results.
- Establish processes in setting up crash tests. Construct frontal and side sleds with high degree of correlation to system tests.
- Develop appropriate highly predictable failure models of materials and Joints by supporting CAE with the relevant coupon and component tests.
- Perform analyses for feasibility for manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
- Provide input in the creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Produce concise management summaries and report-outs that meet the needs of management system functions.
- Responsible for development of all passive safety systems, BIW, Interiors & Exteriors drawing from a considerable depth of all safety load cases, from both a legislative & consumer test point of view, Including frontal, side, rear crashes.
- Create design guidelines and procedures to avoid known problems, assist engineering functions to achieve component & vehicle level performance and meet set overall vehicle targets.