Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Race Team Support department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the IT Operations Manager or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the development and support of IT systems and services for the Haas F1 Team. They will play a key part in ensuring the delivery of best in class IT to the company and its users.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Assist in the support and administration of storage, servers, networking, windows domain and security devices across the Haas F1 global estate.
- Complete project work, from conception and requirement gathering to deployment, documentation and hand-over.
- Assist with planning upgrades and changes to infrastructure both in and out of the racing season, adhering to change control and risk management policies.
- Provide onsite hands on support and basic administration for HPC/cluster compute.
- Provide 3rd line support to users and provide an escalation path for 1st & 2nd line support.
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members.
- Ensure up to date documentation and accurate reporting as required.
- Adhere to all IT and wider business processes and policies.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the IT Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including BS in MIS or Computer Science required, or equivalent work experience. Typically requires at least 3-5 years’ experience in the IT field. Exposure to a racing environment preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Have relevant experience in a similar technical position, ideally in a motor sport or other pressured environment.
- Be extremely self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision. Be comfortable with self-learning and problem solving.
- A flexible and agile character with the ability to react to requirements with speed and efficiency, sometimes under high pressure.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid understanding of Ethernet networking, switching, routing, network installations and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft server & desktop environments and Active Directory.
- Working experience in enterprise storage and servers, as well as virtualization and security. Exposure to Linux and/or HPC advantageous
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.