The INFINITI Engineering Academy is INFINITI’s global search for some of the best young engineers in the world to work across automotive and Formula 1™, on a unique 12-month placement. Split equally between INFINITI (six months) and the Renault F1® Team (six months).
Now in its sixth successive year, the Academy provides a money-can’t-buy, life-changing career opportunity for seven world-class students to learn from veteran engineers and play an active role in INFINITI’s technical partnership with Renault F1® Team.
For the 2019 edition, seven global regions will participate (Asia & Oceania, Canada, China, Europe (including Russia), Mexico, Middle East and United States), each offering one of the seven places available.
The generous prize package includes support with obtaining a work visa for the United Kingdom, return travel to London, a competitive salary, an INFINITI company car and subsidised housing.
Candidates should be students or graduates who are either a national, or have a valid residents permit, in one of the eligible regions, or who are studying/have graduated in the last 12 months with a relevant degree, and are eligible to work in the U.K.
- Play a key part in supporting your respective teams to develop and tailor ground-breaking technologies in various departments:
- Chassis & Performance Engineering (includes Aerodynamics)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Interior & Materials Engineering
- Vehicle Test
- Customer Oriented Engineering
- Renault F1® Team:
- Vehicle Performance
- Experimental Aerodynamics & Engineering
- Data Science
- Composite Design
- Work with section heads across your department, managing and improving projects with full responsibility for delivery
- Ambassadorial duties for INFINITI and Renault F1® Team
- Media engagements at various INFINITI events throughout the year
- Occasional travel – Domestic and international travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
- Working weekends and evenings where necessary
- Undergraduate, graduate or post graduate studying relevant engineering degree
- Interest in Motorsport and Automotive industries
- Skilled and competent in engineering
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both internally and externally with ability to build and manage successful business relationships
- Outstanding organisational and management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Pro-active approach with ability to work under own initiative and also in a team
- Quick to adapt to their new environment and learn
- Keen eye for detail
- Outgoing personality
- Engineering flair and confidence
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Good level of English
- A knowledge of F1 and automotive is essential