Would you like to work for a global market leader in Motorsport media and technology?
We have an exciting newly created opportunity for a strategic and growth driven Head of Subscriptions to plan and execute the expansion of our current product offering! As an integral part of the Motorsport Network business, you will be responsible for leveraging the power and value of the company’s portfolio to define and build our growth strategy and direct-to-customer subscription business.
From Formula 1 to MotoGP, Formula E to NASCAR and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, racing attracts women and men across the globe, who are interested in its unique blend of edge-of-your-seat excitement, strategy, and technology.
As a P&L owning Head of Subscription, you’ll play a critical role in creating a robust business model that serves passionate fanbases and business partners across the motorsport and automotive industries. You will have a dual reporting structure reporting to the SVP, Marketing based in the U.S. and the CEO of Motorsport.tv based in London and will also work closely with the wider executive leadership team to share your expertise on direct-to-consumer strategy, subscription business models, and e-commerce channels. From strategic planning to operational delivery, you’ll work closely with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally to capitalize on this truly exciting new business opportunity.
What you will be doing;
- Build a high-growth, high-revenue direct-to-consumer subscription business.
- Collaborate with colleagues and leaders on all activities associated with the direct-to-consumer business, including marketing, product, engineering, design, and content strategy
- Set the go-to-market strategy that optimises for sustainable growth and retention with a key focus on levers like pricing and packaging.
- Actively drive and participate in cross-channel conversations and action to ensure holistic business decision making in topics like pricing, branding, product mix, community, acquisition, marketing, performance and more
- Through a deep understanding of customer behavior, develop a robust, thorough business strategy to attract new customers, maintain customers and grow the business by leveraging market knowledge, and data analytics
- Design and lead a robust growth roadmap that includes pipeline development, conversion strategies, and more to drive sustained growth.
- Engage with Marketing Leadership and the Marketing Team on branding and growth marketing strategies providing input on strategies, roadmaps, success measures, campaigns, creatives, tests, and audience targeting.
- Provide subject matter expertise on direct-to-consumer strategy, subscription business models, and e-commerce channels.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a strategic or growth role with a digital consumer subscription based business and membership/loyalty programs
- You will be an analytical and structured thinker; consumer-obsessed and passionate about and committed to leveraging data and consumer insights to inform business strategy and decision-making
- Proven track record of successfully building, managing, and growing a consumer business with P&L responsibility
- Background working with product teams and defining and prioritizing product development roadmap
- A problem solver and data-driven decision maker who can interpret data and draw thoughtful conclusions to implement new strategies that ladder up to business goals.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral) to drive recommendations, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans to senior executives globally.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to effectively interface and influence at all levels and globally.
- Strategic innovative thinker with ability to see emerging trends and big picture.
- Experience establishing and growing businesses in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment under ambitious timelines and with limited resources.
Motorsport Network sits at the intersection of the Motorsport and Automotive industries as the global market leader in media and technology. We are driven by a passion for motorsports and all things automotive and this fuels our commitment to serve our massive global audience of motorsport fans, car-lovers and owners who share that passion. Motorsport and Automotive have a large global addressable audience; our highly engaged and affluent audiences visit Motorsport Network platforms to consume content, to buy and to be entertained and we engage with them through our products and services.
Our platforms and companies offer premium digital and traditional media content to motorsport fans and automotive consumers around the world and produce high quality games and esports events for leading race series and races. We also create premium, one-of-a-kind experiences exclusively for the motorsport and automotive space and are a leader in the luxury automotive marketplace. We own the world’s largest motorsport image library of over 26 million motorsport and automotive images and videos that we license to third parties.