The FIA is looking to reinforce its Single-Seater Technical Department by recruiting a technical leader for non-F1 Single-Seater series, including F2, F3, FR and F4.
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the future technical direction for each category to achieve the Single-Seater pyramid aims of safety, sporting equity, sporting spectacle, cost constraints, inclusivity and environmental sustainability
- Lead the development of future technical regulations and the maintenance and development of existing regulations
- Maintain a good understanding of sporting regulations and assist with maintaining and developing these where required
- Manage compliance with existing regulations by providing support for the Technical Delegate and scrutineers who are on-site at races
- Act as the lead FIA technical representative at regular Technical Working Group meetings with car manufacturers and power unit manufacturers
- Attend Single-Seater Commission meetings and help prepare presentations
- Work closely alongside the F1 Technical Team to maintain a good understanding of F1 technical direction, ensure alignment of Single-Seater technical matters with F1, and assist with F1 technical projects as and when required
- Degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years' experience as design group leader or trackside lead engineer, in the FIA F1 Championship or a prominent Single-Seater category
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of the complete Single-Seater car (F1, F2 or similar) and a good understanding of current technical design practices and technical regulations
- Fluent English required with good written and verbal communication skills
- The position is based at the FIA offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and requires travel to 5-10 weekend races a year.