Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Accounting department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with a uniquely-designed team who have quickly demonstrated our desire to win!
This position reports to the Chief Finance Officer or their designee; and is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for managing the consolidation and oversight of financial reporting for Haas Formula LLC.
- Manage department personnel from recruitment, on boarding, employee engagement through to separation.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Responsible for establishing standard operating procedures and budgets to maintain a practical yet functional department.
- Manages monthly closing and financial reporting process per Haas Formula LLC requirements, including quarterly and annual tax supplemental reporting.
- Lead the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for the Global Organization
- Completes financial analysis of business unit performance and trends along with preparation of monthly financial review package and other ad hoc financial reports.
- Prepares annual corporate income tax compliance information in conjunction with external advisers
- Leads annual transfer pricing updates.
- Ensures timely completion of monthly reconciliation of all key balance sheet accounts.
- Participates in routine forecasting processes
- Builds continuous improvement and lean initiatives into the financial area.
- Researches and stays current on financial trends and best practices, proactively recommends areas for improvement or risk avoidance.
- Documents and maintains processes and workflows within Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Manage and support all enquiries from HMRC and Italian tax authorities
- Be the primary interface with Haas Automation Corporate finance on tax related matters.
- Prepares UK quarterly VAT returns and oversees Italian VAT reporting.
- Responsible for directing and developing the European Financial Analyst and being seen as a mentor to the US staff
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Finance Officer or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
A level or degree level education with 5 years of experience in accounting, financial and business analysis or 7 years of experience in a similar background, global experience would be preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to supervise others, communicate effectively, and liaise with fellow workers to get desired results.
- Capable of working in a team environment to a very high standard and a positive work attitude.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of UK GAAP and financial statement presentation and accounting systems.
- A working knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge on accounting software and its reporting capabilities, including presenting informative and time sensitive information to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex and/or diverse information and analyze and research data.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills and be able to manage multiple priorities in a stressful environment.
- Proficient organization skills, oral and written communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
Equipment and Applications:
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products.
- Power User of key Financial systems including Dynamics AX, Management Reporter, and Power Business Intelligence
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast- paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.