Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Garage technician department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
This position reports to the Race Team Operations Manager and Chief Garage Technician. Responsible for the build, installation and maintenance of all electrical hardware and cabling within the garage environment in accordance with all safety guidelines and procedures. Additional responsibilities within the role include the build and ongoing presentation of the garage environment at event and the preparation and transportation of all garage and associated equipment including the race team freight.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Installation of the Electrical hardware and cabling throughout the garage environment ensuring the equipment is tested and in good safe working order when required.
- Construction of the garage environment at all tests and races including bannering system, overhead lighting gantry, Charging equipment, services and pit equipment.
- Supporting the on-car race team during running sessions to ensure that the team operates in an efficient, professional and safe manner at all times.
- Assist with the packing and shipment ensuring all road, air and sea freight is correctly and safely loaded on-time for transportation.
- Maintenance of all pit equipment in accordance with schedules and presentation standards.
- Actively progress allocated annual improvement, development & reliability projects under the direction of the Race Team Operations Manager where required.
- Assist with the procurement of Electrical parts – responsible for the purchasing of Electrical consumables and parts required for assigned tasks, repairs and for manufacturing of associated garage equipment.
- Provide feedback, so improvements can be continuously monitored and implemented for off car installations, Tooling, design standards and operational processes and procedures.
- Play an active role in Electrical/Garage fault investigations, permanent rectifications and temporary solutions maintaining safety at all times. Work closely with the Trackside Faults team ensuring faults are reported correctly with immediate solution and permanent fix recommendations.
- Creation of drawings and associated documentation to provide the team with detailed information regarding installation, operation and maintenance of all garage equipment and wiring.
- Help to promote a good safe working environment and that regulations are followed both at the track and in the factory workshop, ensuring components, tooling and equipment are in good working order and stored correctly
- Completion of other duties as assigned by the Race Team Operations Manager and Chief Garage Technician.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. Preferred 2 years work experience in a professional motorsports environment. Ideally the candidate would hold a 18th edition IEE Wiring Regulations certificate.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience of working in a professional motorsport environment.
- Proven experience of working alone and within a team.
- Ability to diagnose equipment faults and create solutions to solve associated issues.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver solutions in a pressurised environment under tight time constraints.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others.
- Basic understanding of formula one vehicle systems and technology.
- Knowledge of formula one garage equipment and systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative where appropriate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to overcome technical and operational issues.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow regulations related to shipment of materials.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.