To work under the guidance of the CFO Racing & Events and Managing Director, Germany managing the finance team to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting each month, quarter, year. To include P&L and Balance Sheet, Actuals, Budgets, forecasts as required by the company along with qualitative analysis, KPI reporting and management support.
Managing and supporting Sport Media Group, Auto News (Germany) and Sportupdate B.V., Sportstadion B.V, Motorsport Experiences (Netherlands) and other entities as required and appropriate in their day to day financial needs helping them deliver on Budget and KPI targets and to flag/analyse/help resolve any issues in achieving this in consultation with the CFO, MD or relevant management personnel.
This is a new and key role to work closely with fast growing divisions of the Motorsport Network. This is an opportunity to help lead the growth of the digital media and Events business finance management in these territories.
This is a pivotal time in the Motorsport Network evolution as we focus on transforming both our finance function and helping the group become a data insight-led, technology driven pioneer in the digital world.
- Manage the onboarding of Sport Media Group and Auto news Medien to Oracle Netsuite, the Network finance system.
- Work proactively with the local management teams, developing finance reports and data driven analysis to help the decision making.
- Manage the Finance function for the defined businesses. Creating the appropriate process control environments to enable effective operations relating to Payroll, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Bank/Cash.
- Perform the Management accounting activities as required, posting journal entries, preparing monthly Profit & Loss and Balance sheets.
- Prepare and submit to the relevant authorities all tax returns, to include VAT, payroll taxes, Corporation Tax as required and arrange payments.
- Ability to analytically interpret the data and what that means operationally and for revenues/costs.
- Continue to develop and maintain controls to prevent / mitigate financial and associated business risks in line with the MSN accounting handbook.
- To action and monitor any ad-hoc / additional reporting as required.
- Monthly management accounts to include P&L / Balance Sheet plus supporting schedules on time each month per the Group reporting timetable.
- Onboard German entities to Oracle Netsuite.
- Ensure finance processes are robust and compliant with MSN process guidelines and local regulations.
- Help develop management reporting to be more dynamic and insightful.
- Working proactively with local business partners to provide data led analysis and key reporting.