For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented FEA Tools and Methods Engineer to join our championship winning team, ensuring we have the best tools and processes to keep us fighting for the F1 championship as well as leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects such as our exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing.
Based in the heart of our F1 design office, you will be working in our open and dynamic environment, alongside the structural analysis teams across the entire Technology Campus to deliver solutions to the very highest standards, ensuring that we have the best tools and processes to enable the teams to transform designs into reality as fast and efficiently as possible without sacrificing accuracy and reliability.
- Creating automation processes from developing the FEA understanding to writing scripts to automate the task
- Investigate new analysis techniques and provide guidance to the engineers
- Provide technical support for solvers and other tools to the FEA engineers
- Develop and maintain a code base providing pre- and post-processing tools to improve FEA analyses
- be educated to degree level or equivalent
- have relevant post-graduate experience in simulation or process development
- have a good understanding of FEA principals
- be comfortable working with Linux operating systems and queuing systems
- be proficient and comfortable programming with Python
In addition to the above, it would be advantageous if you have previous experience programming in C++ and code management systems. You will be confident using commercial software for fatigue, topology optimisation, and multi-body dynamics.
Not only is this a fantastic FEA Tools and Methods Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Technology. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Job Posting End DateSun, 19 Mar 2023