MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is unique – on and off the track. We don’t follow the status quo and we’ve made a name for ourselves as the team who does things differently. You might’ve seen us on Netflix, heard of our passionate Team Principal Guenther Steiner, or know that we’re the only American-owned team on the Formula 1 grid, but we’re also more than that.
We have three HQs – Kannapolis in the US, Banbury in the UK and Maranello in Italy – each staffed by passionate, loyal and hardworking advocates. At Haas, you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world.
Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
This position reports to the Facilities Manager or their designee; located in Banbury UK. This is a part time position between 20 – 24 hours per week. Responsible for planned & reactive maintenance for the site as well as general support for site operations.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ensure that all planned and reactive tasks are managed safely, on time and to a high standard e.g. plumbing fixes and inspections, general lighting and door inspections.
- Carry out statutory inspections and simple fixes of assets such as HVAC systems, emergency lighting, break glass testing, safe access equipment and site security systems.
- Carry out ad hoc reactive tasks that support the Haas operation, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, decorating and grounds.
- Support building improvement programs & projects.
- Support sustainability improvement projects.
- Identify and deliver new and ongoing Facilities cost saving initiatives.
- Grounds maintenance / gardening.
- General painting & decorating tasks
- Proactively identify & report asset life improvement opportunities.
- Assist / lead all office & furniture moves.
- Support in the management of 3rd party contractors and the maintenance administration function.
- Support the management of all waste streams.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- A formal mechanical / electrical engineering qualification (City & Guilds minimum)
- A formal Health & Safety qualification (or prepared to work towards attaining)
- Demonstrable plumbing & decorating experience
- Computer literate and able to read technical drawings & data
- Current IPAF license (or prepared to work towards attaining)
- Basic electrical maintenance qualification & experience
- HVAC operational knowledge and maintenance experience
- Understanding of general & fire door standards & maintenance
- 5+ year experience in a factory-based maintenance role
Specialized Knowledge and Personal Attributes:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Have an excellent understanding of building maintenance.
- Work to a consistently high standard at all times.
- Work well within a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
- A self-starter and able to work on your own initiative.
Additional skills & Applications:
- Good computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office.
- Qualified to use mechanical & electric hand tools.
- Basic carpentry skills preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge in use of RAMS & COSHH.
- Demonstrable knowledge of manual handling and working at height.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require a willingness to work flexible hours including weekends.
This position will require lifting up to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At MoneyGram Haas F1 Team, we consider our employees our greatest asset. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive and grow. We value diversity and encourage our employees to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental to who we are as a company and a collective of colleagues. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world.
We look after our team with multiple rewards packages, competitive bonuses and year-round health and wellbeing programs, providing you with the tools to motivate and perform at your best.
If you’re passionate about competition, technology and teamwork, then working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team could be the perfect fit for you. Motorsport is a dynamic and exciting industry that offers a wide range of opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work and dedication required to succeed. Working at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team is a highly rewarding experience, as you become a crucial member of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Join our team and make your passion your profession.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of MoneyGram Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.