About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
As a EV Buyer- Software, you will manage the Purchasing life cycle for production parts for vehicle product programs. Responsibilities will cover (but are not limited to) electronics, control modules, displays, wiring harnesses, Infotainment, sensors, PCB and other EE components. This role requires exceptional communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
A successful candidate needs to thrive in a pressurized environment using data and facts to help identify risks, manage resources, and solve problems quickly and effectively. A strong team ethic with the ability to interact at all levels and across business boundaries is required to be successful in this position.
- Development of procurement strategy, establishment of purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems and procedures within the organization
- Building and developing supply chain organization to support vehicle projects and ongoing cost reduction activities
- Negotiate key contracts to optimize value
- Develop business intelligence based on continuous market analysis, monitoring and forecasting against variable market conditions
- Negotiate contractual terms and interpret existing contract frameworks, demonstrating an understanding of legal principles
- Build internal relationships, assessing the capabilities of suppliers
- Create supplier scorecards to drive for continuous improvement and creation of best practice-based processes and procedures
- Program gateway delivery and reporting
- Ensure that internal operations and supplier activities are carried out in an ethical, responsible manner, using ISO2600/20400 as a basis
- Product definition, attributes and specification cascade for sourcing activities
- Program metrics generation, including timing, delivery status, cost status.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, or related subject (or equivalent)
- In-depth knowledge of the automotive electronics supply landscape and strong experience of negotiation and creation of supply agreements with such suppliers
- Knowledge of relevant automotive industry standards such as: ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO2600/20400
- Proficient in the application of vehicle project management strategies
- Experience in the application of PPAP processes in the supplier base
- Problem solving; 8D, Practical problem-solving capability
- Proven track record of working within automotive organizations
- Superior relationship skills in creating and fostering working relationships within Purchasing, internal business areas and supplier
- Ability to make strategic sourcing recommendations and take appropriate action
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Deep knowledge of sourcing, procurement principles, procurement systems and large company best practices
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Independent /Self Starting
- Fluent spoken and written English
Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
• Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
• Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
• Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
• Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
• Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
• Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decision.