Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
The PR Manager, Europe is responsible for managing comprehensive corporate and product communication strategies and campaigns within the company’s European market. This person will manage communications strategies to build market awareness.
This person must be an excellent communicator - verbally, visually and in writing - a source of creative ideas, and someone who is knowledgeable about automotive communication platforms and media relations. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, works well both in a collaborative setting and individually, quickly establishes credibility, accepts new challenges, embraces processes and deadlines, and can successfully work through tight deadlines and ambiguity.
This person will be part of the Corporate Communications Team reporting to the VP Communications in Los Angeles while working under the day-to-day direction of the VP Sales & Service Europe.
Location: Munich, Germany
- Primary accountability for supporting European PR initiatives and projects.
- Support and develop communications strategies focused on integrated messaging while working closely with Corporate Communications, to help develop compelling content and stories.
- Execute on a multi-pronged communications strategy
- Work with Corporate Communications team to help publish timely company information: press releases, by lines, articles, health-focused content, and other materials.
- Help oversee relationships with media to ensure reporters, editors, bloggers, media influencers and media outlets are receiving agreed upon corporate communications.
- Act as a part of the Corporate Communications team to actively research and evaluate media opportunities, pitch journalists’ stories about the company, facilitate media interviews, and create press releases and other announcements.
- Work across departments to develop communications strategies for stories, events, campaigns, partnerships, etc.
- Identify opportunities to share corporate messaging.
- Serve as a corporate spokesperson when needed.
- Bachelor Degree minimum, Master Degree preferred
- 10 years + working in international automotive companies working cross boarder and in different languages
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in-person and in writing across all levels of the organization and create a tailored approach to reach various audiences.
- Collaborative work style that includes the ability to work well with senior leaders across the organization and countries
Understanding of media relations at various levels, including:
- Building relationships with reporters and news agencies
- Understanding news cycles and deadlines
- Newswire and press release distribution
Excellent writing and editing proficiency, including:
- Ability to quickly understand and capture in writing new concepts and ideas
- Ability to write for different audiences
- Ability to collaborate with others in the writing process
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Willingness and familiarity working in an environment that requires flexibility and change.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite).
- Ability to speak German language preferred.
- Previous global and consumer products experience desired
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.