Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
The European Junior Legal Counsel will support the European organization of Fisker Inc. in all legal related matters while being based at the European headquarter in Munich, Germany.
This position is responsible for providing legal counsel and guidance to the entire European team in all European launch markets. The attorney’s primary areas of responsibilities are advertising and marketing; trademarks/brand protection; contract reviews with 3rd parties and all other legal requirements. Together with the legal team at HQ in Los Angeles and our outside counsel, the position will handle a variety of internal and external matters when needed. The Junior Legal Counsel must have the ability to adjust to changing circumstances and willingness to cross-train in other practice areas.
This person will report directly into the VP Sales & Service Europe with a dotted line to the General Counsel Fisker Inc in California.
Location: Munich, Germany
- Will collaborate and coordinate directly with firm's outside legal counsel.
- Will proactively assess legal risks and provide advice that will provide substantial benefits to the organization.
- Will handle a variety of internal matters, contracts with outside firms and service providers and general litigation when needed.
- Will interact with and advise team members at all levels and will gain a broad understanding of the automotive industry.
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing circumstances and willingness to cross-train in other practice areas.
- Provide legal advice and services relating to vehicle warranty (lemon law) claims and collaborate with firm’s consumer affairs team to provide the best possible ownership experience to customers.
- Handle general internal advice and litigation in non-warranty areas as needed.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of company contracts
- Assist the legal team in various tasks related to the management of contracts, monitor contract compliance, and related activities
- Maintain and update contract templates, and create new templates as requested
- Research legal matters relevant to the business as needed
- Provide support for documents and activities relating to due diligence or other corporate activities
- Must have graduated from a German University with the „Erste juristischen Prüfung” as a Magister Juris or Diplom-Jurist or equivalent.
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience in a top-tier law firm with a focus on automotive or in-house experience within an automotive company preferred.
- Good understanding of contract law
- Good understanding of the European legislation
- Basic understanding of litigation
- Excellent understanding of the automotive industry
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong contract drafting skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities, handle a high volume of work and work under pressure
- A results-driven individual with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy to deliver high-quality work product
- Ability to organize competing priorities logically; excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Analytically driven; able to extract and interpret data, break down problems, and deliver solutions
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong relationship building skills with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels; able to quickly operationalize strategic initiatives in a collaborative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to expand the range of job responsibilities as needed
- German and English speaker required
- Other European languages are a plus value
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.