Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Electronics department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with our uniquely-designed team that has quickly demonstrated a desire to win!
Reports to the Head of Electronics; located in Banbury, UK. This role is predominately factory based with occasional event travel. The Electrician will be responsible for the manufacture, maintenance and testing of harnesses, sensors and assemblies. The successful candidate will manage the Electronics workshop ensuring all tooling, test equipment and stock are maintained. The role will also include supporting factory car builds for events and working closely with the Systems Engineers to support development test events and projects.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Manage the Electronics workshop ensuring all tooling and test equipment are fit to use.
- Manufacture a range of harnesses, sensor termination and assembly build for use on and off car.
- Support factory race and test car build ensuring all electronic boxes, wiring harnesses and sensors fitted correctly.
- Work closely with the travelling Electricians to help ensure the correct level of spares and consumables are available to all events.
- Supporting the Systems Engineers when they are calibrating sensors and when performing tests on and off the chassis.
- Using the component Lifing System to manage all Electrical parts ensuring stock levels are constantly monitored and all transactions are carried out correctly maintaining complete component Lifing and servicing integrity.
- Help with the development and implementation of in house test rigs and equipment.
- Play an active role in the design and installation of the chassis wiring and sensors.
- Continuously monitor and improve on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures.
- Actively progress allocated Development & Reliability projects under the direction of the Head of Electronics.
- Follow and enforce health & safety regulations at all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Head of Electronics or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Further education including Electrical Training to HNC level, desirable.
- Knowledge of Raychem systems 25 and previous experience working in high level motorsport environment are essential.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong technical background in racing car electrical and electronic systems. Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Harness manufacture
- Harness bench test equipment
- Computer literate
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic & international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.