Position: Electrical Development Engineer I (Entry Level)
Do you have what it takes?
We pride ourselves in being flexible, but there are some things we feel very strongly about. We are careful to select people for our team that have demonstrated excellence through their skills, character and background. It takes talent and drive to meet the challenges of our rapidly evolving environment – and that’s all the fun! Are you looking for new ways to raise the bar and don’t blink at challenges? Do you want a fulfilling career that takes advantage of your talents? If so, then it’s time to join Roush Fenway Racing. Now is the time to be a part of something big!
About the role:
This position will work with the Vehicle Development and Production groups to support and develop vehicle and test equipment electronics systems. You will be responsible for developing new best practices and layouts for the constantly evolving electronics systems on the race car and race equipment. This role will also support development, troubleshooting and assist in determining best practices for the test equipment used at the shop.
If you have a great attitude and exhibit passion, ownership, and excellence in all you do then we would love to meet you!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit package with 401k and company match
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experience and fun team
- Structured career development – a team of industry experts here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals
What you will be doing:
- Developing car harnesses and electronics adapted to changing car requirements
- Selecting components and helping creating best practices for all car electronics systems
- Developing configurations and software for programmable car systems
- Configuring data loggers and using them to collect test data at the shop
- Configuring controls for test equipment
- Writing test equipment configurations and software using Labview
- Develop and support pit crew and shop electronics equipment
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Similar engineering degrees may be considered)
- 2 Years work experience strongly preferred
- Collegiate motorsports program experience (FSAE, BAJA, or other Racecar program) encouraged, Electric programs in particular (FSAE Electric, etc)
- Professional motorsports, vehicle development, testing or test equipment\instrumentation experience strongly preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills with a strong sense of attention to detail
- Must work well under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, driven, success-oriented individual with collaborative communication style
- Ideal candidates will have exposure and fundamental understanding of
- Electronics and instrumentation
- Data Acquisition
- Circuit Design
- 12V DC Automotive harness design
- Electronic Controls
- Labview or similar Systems Engineering Software
- Test Equipment
- Test Data Analysis Methods
- Exceptional candidates would have experience in some of the following areas
- Engineering software, such as MATLAB
- Programming languages, such as Python
- Systems engineering and signals processing
- Electric\Hybrid vehicle systems
- The determination to work harder than anyone you know at something you love
Where you'll be: 4600 Roush Place, Concord, NC 28027
Roush Fenway Racing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. We welcome all qualified job seekers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, email HR@roushfenway.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
Roush Fenway Racing is one of the most successful teams in NASCAR history, fielding multiple teams in NASCAR Cup Series. Set to begin its 35th season in 2022, Roush Fenway is a leader in driver development, having launched the careers for many of the top drivers in the sport. Off-track, Roush Fenway is a leader in NASCAR marketing solutions, having produced multiple award-winning Social Media, digital content and experiential marketing campaigns. Roush Fenway is co-owned by NASCAR Hall of Fame team owner Jack Roush and Fenway Sports Group, parent company of Major League Baseball’s Boston Red Sox and English Premier League’s Liverpool F.C. Visit RoushFenway.com, become a fan on Facebook and Instagram, and follow on Twitter at @roushfenway.
Why haven’t you applied yet?