About The Role
At Formula 1 our vision is to unleash the greatest racing spectacle on the planet. Our key to success is an organisation that values passion, integrity and respect.
To help deliver against this global vision we are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our IT Networks & Operations team at Formula 1.
Reporting to the Lead Cloud Architect, this role will design, develop, and deploy Cloud systems whilst improving and maintaining Formula 1’s current cloud infrastructure.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain Formula 1’s new and existing cloud & on-premise systems and infrastructure as a DevOps engineer.
- Provide insight, guidance, and knowledge across Formula 1 towards the development of future and current DevOps practices & processes.
- Become integrated with project teams as a representative of the Cloud team, offering assistance with, but not limited to, DevOps practices and developments.
- Work with the Cloud team to develop the platform, introduce new processes, and always look to improve existing ones.
- To apply DevOps principles and processes on both the Race and Corporate sides for Formula 1. ▪ To be a technical stakeholder as the DevOps representative within projects.
- To assist in the team’s documentation on both cloud and on-premise infrastructure / processes. ▪ Relay project progress and information of DevOps projects including raising any concerns.
- To ensure systems are compliant with current data protection and security regulations (e.g. GDPR, ISO27001) and current financial compliance if applicable (e.g. SOX)
- To share knowledge and experience with team members in a manner that enhances the overall performance of the team.
- To provide recommendations to improve the efficiency of Formula 1’s automation and deployments.
- To work very closely with Formula 1’s software team, providing them pipeline and deployment mechanisms that enhance their products and systems.
- To be a key part in designing and developing Formula 1’s SDLC.
- Assist in development and maintenance of software delivery systems such as: TeamCity, Nexus, Bit Bucket, and Octopus Deploy.
- Being one of the go-to people for the Software teams CI/CD.
- To be pivotal in designing the newly adopted DevSecOps framework, working closely with the Cloud, Information Security, and Software teams.
- To produce system reports and statistics as required.
- To produce root cause analysis reports in case of failures and issues
- To keep abreast of developments in Industry and consider proactively how these may be incorporated into the Formula 1 system.
For a copy of the full job description, please refer to the Additional information section.
As a AWS Solutions Architect Professional you will be qualified to degree level and have solid AWS experience working with security groups.
Other essential experience/skills include:
- AWS experience working with security groups, VPC’s, containers (ECS), IAM, and S3.
- Octopus Deploy
- Strong experience with Team City
- Nexus Repository
- Windows OS
- Linux OS
- AWS DevOps suite i.e Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Deploy etc.
- Working on SDLC’s
This role may require very occasional travel and you must be willing and able to travel within the UK and Internationally. There may also be times when you need to work on systems outside of usual ‘Business Hours’, both planned and any potential unplanned work.
As a united team we achieve great things together. Are you ready to unleash your potential at F1?