Job description – Customer Support Officer
Purpose of the Role
To provide exceptional customer care and personal presentation while representing the McLaren brand. To maintain security at all times on the premises to the highest professional level. Based from The McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, the role will be assigned across the business as required daily. The Gatehouse and town centre office reception are at the forefront of McLaren greeting every guest, delivery, passing public or VIP executive. The role will encompass flexibility to work across any of the McLaren sites for business requirement. Working within a team communication and co-operation is essential to our daily operation. Working an average 42 hr week on a rostered shift pattern including days, nights, weekends and bank holidays is the standard, with a requirement for flexibility. Occasional requirement to support Events in the UK and overseas across the McLaren businesses.
- Provide the highest level of security across The McLaren Technology Centre; including local Woking premises;
- Ensuring access to premises is monitored through the use of walk around and security cameras;
- Ensure all guests are signed in and make their way to the correct area, advising reception of their arrival;
- Confidently assist on site events with traffic management, guest transfers and event security;
- Accurately, maintain documentation and write reports;
- Attend offsite premises for foot patrol and alarm responses, on occasion supporting the services;
- Occasional travel for work (UK and overseas), either at short notice or planned.
- Maintaining staff levels covering holiday and sickness within the team is essential and forms the majority of overtime available.
- You will be expected to keep up to date with company policy and health and safety requirements for your role and across the company.
- Working either McLaren Technology centre or town centre office locations is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ideally you will be from a front of house Security background in a highly proactive role with the below.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Full manual UK driving licence (essential)
- Full and current First aid at work certificate. (essential)
- Computer literate, including excel and word (essential)
- Minimum SIA front line licence or Door supervisor. (essential)
- Experience in a previous security role. (essential)
- Previous executive VIP customer service experience. (essential)
- Worked on a high-profile reception. (essential)
- In possession of a valid Passport (desirable)
- Lock/unlock building procedure (essential)
- Foot patrols and HSE knowledge (essential)
- Experience of using fire/intruder alarm systems (essential)
- CCTV competent (essential)
- You will need to be a team player and flexibility is a must to assist in holiday, sickness and event cover.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, the ability to deliver excellent customer service across everyone in the business, visitors and partners
- A proactive individual that can use common sense and resolve issues or given tasks efficiently, witrha continuous improvement mind set
- The ability to keep calm is essential as is the ability to perform with professionalism regularly under pressure.
- Pride in personal appearance, representing the McLaren brand at all times
- All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description is not conclusive, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.