We are building something special at Alpine.
As part of the Alpine long-term plan to compete for F1 World Championships we are looking to add to our excellent team with individuals who are motivated to significantly contribute to our relentless pursuit of excellence.
Within the Control Systems Group we have a new vacancy as Control Systems Application Lead Engineer. This is not a full-time travelling role but occasional attendance at track and off-site facilities is a requirement.
Control Systems Application Lead Engineer - The Role
Reporting to the Head of Controls, Simulation and Modelling you will lead the group responsible for maximising the performance, reliability and efficient operation of the chassis systems on track, dynos and rigs. A partly supervisory role, managing and forming part of a pool of several engineers, you have responsibility for distributing workload and ensuring appropriate levels of knowledge and experience are available whenever the systems are in use, and for the personal development of the team members.
The role will liaise with the wider team at Enstone and Viry on matters relating to the transmission, hydraulics and fuel systems.
Control Systems Application Lead Engineer –The Person
The successful candidate will be a University Graduate in Engineering or Physics, with an excellent grasp of real time control systems, mechatronics and hydraulic systems and a flair for data analysis. Candidates must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of on-car hydraulic and electrical systems and current F1 transmission technology, an appreciation of failure modes and skill in fault diagnosis.
They will also possess the following:
- A minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in a high-level motorsport trackside environment is required for this role
- Professional experience of programming in MATLAB and Simulink
- Practical understanding of sampled data systems, signal processing and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals and experience in the use of McLaren Applied off-car tools would be advantageous along with experience in the use of Python and C#
- Clear verbal and written communication skills and is methodical and organised.
- Capability of managing and co-ordinating the works of a group of engineers
- Is adaptable and flexible in response to dynamic schedules and deadlines.
- Can maintain a flexible approach to working time, to achieve individual and team targets
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates a structured approach to diagnosing and solving problems
- Is enthusiastic about supporting and encouraging the development of skills and competence in others
Our offer to you
What we offer in return for your hard work and dedication is a team who is truly ambitious with their goals, with a unique and friendly working environment and competitive remuneration – including pension, free onsite gym, subsidised restaurant, a leading development and mentoring programme and many others.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Alpine Racing strives to be diverse and inclusive, a place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are committed to making a consistent, top down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.