Envision Racing is a UK based Formula E Team competing in the FIA Formula E World Championship and has the requirement for an experienced Composite Technician to be employed full time. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to thrive in this challenging yet highly rewarding role.
Composite Technician – Formula E Team
• Reporting to the Team & Sporting Director & Chief Mechanic, this role will have responsibility of maintaining all aspects of the bodywork and include making repairs track side, organising spares, equipment, and consumables.
• Assembly and disassembly of composite components for car build at race and test events as well as car build in the factory.
• Attend all race events and tests.
• Assist the Chief Mechanic and design department in the build of composite pit equipment
Key skillset requirements are:
• High level of composite skills in wet laminating, composite trimming & assembly
• In depth knowledge of composite practices and procedures.
• Good wrapping skills using 3M and Oracle vinyl wrapping media.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Good English written and oral communications skills
• Mechanical skills would be a great advantage to help assist the mechanics during race events and tests.
• Good computer skills
• Previous relevant experience in FE, F3, F2, F1, IndyCar or WEC
Additional attributes our candidates should possess are:
• A proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a group or alone and remain calm under pressure.
• Willingness to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment.
• Self-motivation with a will to contribute to the end goal.
• A flexible approach to working hours and availability to work on weekends is essential.
• Good English written and oral communication skills.
This position is based at Silverstone in our purpose-built workshop with free onsite parking, surrounded by forests and with an onsite gym to unwind during breaks. The role will require intensive international travel and long flexible hours.
The position will offer a competitive salary package, plus bonus potential, 25 days paid holiday, on-site gym, company pension and healthcare.
Please apply and ensure you include your curriculum vitae, covering letter and remuneration expectations.
All applicants must have eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Envision Racing is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonably job adjustments.