When you join a team that never sits still, that’s hungry to make F1 history with every weld, every code, and every email we write, you wont either. To meet the challenges of competing in the highest class of international motor racing, you’ll help us innovate new ways of getting our team to the top.
Haas F1 is unique on the grid, our most important resource, our soul, is our people, that’s just one reason why you can have so much impact here. Every member of our team is a full contributor to our results on the track, no matter which department or country you work in. At Haas F1 Team you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world. Yes, you’ll learn from them, but they expect to learn from you too.
Join our team and make your passion your profession
Working within the cross functional Programme Management Group, this position reports to the PLM manager or their designee. Responsible for the development of bespoke solutions that work in parallel with the existing Haas business systems and processes to drive efficiency improvements across the Team.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Creation and maintenance of data connections between the Haas PLM, ERP and Lifing systems using a combination of API’s and bespoke code.
- Development of bespoke code within any of the Haas business platforms (PLM, ERP, Lifing) to improve efficiency in areas highlighted using touch and flow time analysis.
- Responsible for the consistency of data across the platforms by minimizing data entry points and through the use of bi-directional data flows and data upload automation.
- Development of central notification broadcasts from the various platforms in line with the demands of the business process.
- Use “Root-Cause analysis” techniques to help locate problem areas within processes or technical solutions
- Develop systems to constantly monitor for data duplication across Haas systems to ensure that we manage data within a “single source of data truth” philosophy.
- Measure and help maintain a set of key data attributes in the PLM, ERP and Lifing Systems and work to ensure that they are accurate an up to date across these systems.
- Generate a set of KPIs (Conformance and Performance) that help measure the status of the business platforms across the systems landscapes.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Other duties as assigned by the PLM manager or their designee.
Education and Work Experience
- GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Further education including University Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering required.
- Preferably 6 years of experience in automotive or aerospace industry as a member of a digital engineering department or IT/software development department.
- Prior experience in Formula One or any motor racing team is advantageous.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical background in systems integration, data manipulation and business processes.
- Strong technical background in bespoke code development across a range of languages including but not limited to C#/.Net, Java and Python.
- Technical background in CAD, ideally CATIA V5, V6 or 3DX combined with the development of CAD automations using Visual Basic or CATScripts.
- Ability to create and maintain a Data Model that looks to track points of data authorship and use in within the context of business process flow.
- Able to create measures and reports using data extracted from within business systems that allow the business to pinpoint areas of low data conformance or slow process performance/bottlenecks within the process.
- Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering background required to ensure data can be related to engineering situations.
- Understanding of digital engineering is beneficial.
- Needs to be proactive, flexible, organized and able to prioritize own workload.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications
- Solid computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Office products,
- Experience of customizing and configuring PLM systems such as Enovia, Windchill or Teamcenter. Knowledge of Dassault’s 3DExperience would be advantageous.
- Experience of configuring or customising ERP systems, building complex database queries and data extractions for ERP systems. Ideally Microsoft Dynamics AX or AX 2012 experience would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of core process mapping methodologies and ways of aligning this to the technical solutions in use.
- Awareness of database operations and methods for data extraction and interaction.
- Ability to prepare and present effective presentations of complex subjects to a diverse audience.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials.
- Ability to quickly turnaround pinpoint solutions to improve process efficiency
Haas F1 teams benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Haas F1 Team, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources, get support with your fitness goals by working with our fitness instructors, physios and Yoga classes all held in our onsite gym.
We offer everyone at Haas F1 Team the chance to share in the team’s success, being the only team on the grid that offers a race results bonus as well as an end of year constructors championship bonus.
You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Haas F1 Team, such as our family days, we invite you and your family to spend some quality time with our team, the drivers and the cars.