Fisker is looking for a Benefits Manager. In this role you’ll outline Fiskers long-term Benefits strategy and execute our plans as we grow out of start-up mode and consider a variety of Benefits offerings that bring better value to our employees and to the business in the long-term. While your main focus will be our US Benefits offerings, you’ll also own International Benefits. In this role, you’ll partner closely with our Finance, Operations, HR teams as we setup a world-class Benefits Program.
What you will do:
- Manage the Company’s benefits programs, including the administration of all health and welfare plans, leave programs, retirement plans, COBRA and workers’ compensation that are designed to attract and retain talent in the competitive EV space.
- Run a broker RFP, select a long-term Benefits broker for Fisker and work closely with the broker on the negotiation and renewal of benefits plans, market benchmarking, and plan design alternatives.
- Partner with executive leadership on high-level Benefits decisions related to funding, plan design, etc. Analyze benefits data and employee survey data to make plan recommendations and identify cost savings, trends, and best practices.
- Manage Open Enrollment and any other Benefit change processes. Serve as the company point-of-contact for Benefit events.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Partner with payroll regarding deductions, elections, and life events.
- Oversee and maintain employee benefits files.
- Processes and administer enrollments, leave-of-absence requests, ACA status, FMLA, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships, and compliance testing.
- Partner with Finance on 401(k) plan audits.
- Oversee the processing of monthly billings and reconciliations.
- Create, update and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment, and summary plan descriptions. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- 6+ years of Benefits experience, including owning the Benefits plan design at high-growth companies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Experience with managing vendors and analyzing costs
- Proven experience with alternative funding, and self-insured plan designs, ideally you have shifted an organization away from being fully-insured.
- Experience with ADP Benefits Administration preferred
- Experience with international plan design preferred
- You have excellent understanding of U.S. benefits and retirement regulations, including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, and COBRA
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have strong project management and organization skills combined with strong attention to detail
- You are proficient with ADP, Microsoft Office suite (Including Teams), including intermediate Excel skills
- You have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and confidentiality
- You have great attention to detail, and an analytical skillset