Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Williams Grand Prix Engineering is seeking a capable and proficient AX Support Technician to join our IT Team. You will be proactive in supporting the Williams Group use of Microsoft Dynamics AX products incl. data analytics and security.
- Respond to any MSDAX IT Helpdesk calls escalated from 1st Line Support Technicians and resolve them within an appropriate timeframe depending on call priority.
- Mentor 1st Line Support Technicians to improve their ability to support Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Update all knowledge base articles with the latest available information.
- Work with internal partners and 3rd parties to enable timely resolution of Helpdesk tickets
- Provide assistance to project teams to enable implementation of new modules or interfaces to MSDAX
- Be responsible for supporting the underlying infrastructure of MSDAX and interfaces to other systems, including cloud hosted environments
- Support 1st Line technicians with any complex issues, as required.
- Highlight any issues or problems to the IT Operations Manager or their deputy.
- Take ownership of all issues relating to the implementation and development of MSDAX across the Williams Group.
- Provide cover for 1st Line technicians when required.
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 especially security management and licensing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of business processes and reporting building utilising different data analytics tools incl. Management Reporter and PowerBI.
- Ability to develop a good understanding of key technologies in use at Williams, e.g. Dynaway.
- Understand logical fault-finding techniques and put them in to practise to resolve calls in a timely manner.
The Key Performance Indicator for the Application Support Technician is: Enable the implementation, interfacing and support of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Adherence to company policies (including but not limited to Ethics Policy; IT Policy; Health and Safety Policy).
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to work the hours required to support business needs and carry out additional tasks that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.