Haas F1 Team is a dynamic Formula One racing team that inspires an open and expansive environment, full of opportunities for motivated individuals in pursuit of a challenge.
We are looking to enhance our Control Systems department at our Race Team Hub in Banbury, UK. This is a fast-paced and challenging opportunity for a team-oriented Application Software Engineer to make a substantial impact within a small team.
Reporting to the Senior Controls Engineer or their designee and is based in Banbury, in the UK. Responsible for the continuous delivery of robust in-house computing software, in accordance with the department’s development plan. Working closely with Race Engineering and other stakeholders to prioritise requirements, propose iterations and to ensure the agile delivery of useful and robust tools for use across the group.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Utilise a range of .Net technologies to develop and deliver modern database, service layer and client application solutions in support of the Race Engineering group.
- Prioritise requirements and seek clarification as required to ensure correct interpretation is delivered.
- Understand and integrate with third party components as required.
- Maintain a long-term vision and propose an evolving software architecture to support the progress.
- Ensure clarity and simplicity of code for robustness and future maintainability.
- Work with IT to improve version control, continuous integration and testing.
- Keep abreast of new techniques, propose and learn new languages and tools as required.
- Respond to user support requests in a timely manner according to priority.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Completion of other duties as assigned by the Senior Controls Engineer or their designee.
Education and Work Experience:
Minimum BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in another STEM field with substantial experience in software development.
Experience developing complex data management and database storage solutions utilising microservices. Prior experience of time series databases, Azure, DevOps, Git is desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong technical background in modern software engineering techniques.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations, whilst prioritising and managing the workload efficiently
- Work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels.
Equipment and Applications:
- 4 years’ experience using .Net technologies, C#, developing applications with complex data management and database storage solutions utilising microservices.
- Knowledge of Java, SQL, Python would be advantageous.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require occasional domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.