The AM Technician (Metals role) is a 9am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday) role
The AM Technician (SLA role) is a 10 hour shift and includes working at weekends and on bank holidays.
Digital Manufacturing Centre supply high end quality metal and Polymer additive manufacturing production parts to industry sectors such as Aerospace, Land Transport, Space, Defence and Medical. The DMC is based around engineering innovation and aspires of being the best in class for the UK market in the next 5 years.
As a key member to the DMC local management team you will assist in the development of current and future technology development. You will work closely with the operational and sales teams to be focused to align business capability to customer requirements ensuring process control. You will support sales functions to enable the uptake of additive manufacturing within the various targeted sectors.
Main Key Responsibilities:
- Clean down and preparation of AM machines prior to use
- Post processing and workshop activities on polymer and metal AM parts
- Handwork and assembly of polymer and metal AM parts
- Facilities maintenance
- Ensure we continue to strive for best practice throughout the DMC
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements and perform any other reasonable duties as required
Languages & Qualifications:
- English, Maths, Literacy to a good competence level
- Quality or process qualifications would be beneficial
Skills & Knowledge
- Sound engineering knowledge desirable
- Hand tool, workshop or model making skills beneficial, good at working with your hands
- Good time management
- Good understanding of quality requirements & procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Facilities maintenance skills desirable (mechanical, electric, plumbing etc.) but not essential
- Understanding of working with materials
- Positive attitude
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
- Working to tight deadlines within a dynamic/busy environment.
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing industry is desirable.
A strong passion for additive manufacturing/new technologies is desired, demonstrable by either personal projects and or prior work experience. Have a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes. You will be technically minded with a keen eye for detail Competent within MS Office Impeccable time management and highly organised. Understand the importance of KPI-driven performances. Able to adhere to routine procedures and can take full responsibility for your own actions. Are an ambitious individual, able to think outside the box and provide process improvement input as we continuously seek to improve product quality and production flow. A team player with great social and communication skills
Positive approach with a can do approach.
Competencies & Experience:
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment